What to know before you visit
In order to provide a safe environment for staff and patrons, some of our services and policies have changed. Please review the information below for details on our schedule of open hours, safety protocols, and what to expect when you visit the library.
Is the library fully open?
Yes! The library is open from 9:30-5:30 daily.
Do I need to make an appointment to visit the Library?
No, you do not need to make an appointment. Patrons will be allowed in first come, first served.
Are children allowed to visit the library?
Yes. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
Children over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask for the duration of their visit.
How long can I visit the library?
We ask that you keep your visits as brief as possible in order to minimize risk for everyone inside our libraries.
Do I need to wear a mask during my visit?
Yes, you will need to wear a mask. In accordance with the Town of Telluride and State of Colorado Public Health Orders, all patrons over the age of 2 must wear a mask for the duration of their visit while in the library.
We will provide masks if necessary, though you are encouraged to bring your own.
Other Safety Protocols
We will provide hand sanitizer and encourage patrons to wash their hands upon entering the building.
We ask that you do not enter the building if sick or showing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with a person who has had any symptoms.
While in the Library, patrons must follow social distancing guidelines and maintain at least 6 feet of distance from other patrons and Library staff at all times.
I don’t want to wear a mask in the library, how can you accommodate me?
All patrons will be required to wear a mask while in the building. If you can’t wear a mask, we can help you through our curbside service (including printing, faxing, scanning, and copying), virtual resources and various digital devices for checkout such as laptops, iPads, and WiFi hotspots.
We are also offering delivery services at this time. Call or text requests to 970-728-4519.
What safety precautions are in place?
- We are following the guidelines and recommendations of our state and local health departments to ensure patron and staff member safety.
- All WPL staff members will wear masks and follow the recommended guidelines for regularly sanitizing surfaces and materials. High-touch surfaces will be cleaned regularly.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at all check-out counters for the safety of both patrons and staff.
- Computers have been rearranged and furniture has been removed to allow for maximum social distancing.
- Patrons are encouraged to use our self-check kiosk to check out their own materials.
- Patrons and staff must follow social distancing guidelines and stay 6 feet apart, use hand sanitizer/wash hands when entering the building, and wear masks the entire time they are in the building.
- Any items that have been browsed by patrons during their visit should be placed on designated browsing carts throughout the library. All returned/browsed library materials will be quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours before being checked in.
- We will sanitize computer stations and high touch areas at the end of every library appointment time slot.
- We have a professional cleaning service that provides a deep clean of the entire library every evening.
Can I use a computer?
Yes! Computers are available.
Headphones will not be available for checkout. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own.
Computer assistance will be limited, due to social distancing guidelines. Staff will be able to provide remote assistance when necessary.
We also have tables set up on the outdoors on the east side of the building for WiFi access.
We offer Chromebooks, iPads and hotspots for checkout for use in your own home.
Can I get prints or copies?
Yes, you can email your document to email@example.com and then call/text Curbside at 970-728-4519 to pick it up outside.
Is curbside pickup still available?
Yes! Curbside pickup is available every day from 9:30am – 5:30pm. Call or text 970-728-4519.
Curbside holds pickup is also available. Call or text 970-728-4519 and a librarian will deliver your holds to your car.
Can I bring book donations to the library?
Yes, we are accepting book donations again. Please put book donations through the front drop slot. Please do not leave boxes of books outside the library.
Can I request items from other libraries for pickup at WPL?
Yes, you can place holds from other Marmot libraries and from Prospector libraries.
Please note that, due to quarantine procedures, holds may take longer than normal to arrive from other libraries.
Will the library offer in-person programming?
Due to the current San Miguel County Level Orange designation, in-person programming has been cancelled. We will continue to offer virtual programming for all ages.
The Story Walk along the River Trail is always open and regularly updated.
My child is going back to school. How can the library help?
The library’s Youth Services team is happy to help locate resources– both print and digital– to assist with homework and school assignments. We can also assemble materials for classrooms. Need a computer or hotspot? We have Chromebooks available for in-library use and to check out, and hotspots that you can check out!
Can I book a meeting room?
Meeting rooms are available. You can book a meeting room once daily for up to 2 hours, and you will need to keep your mask on the whole time you are in a meeting room.
What else has changed at the library?
- Children’s toys and hands-on activities are not available.
- In-person technology help is not available.
- Volunteer opportunities are not available at this time.